Fact-Checking the "PRT Boondoggle" Blog
A project of the PRT NewsCenter

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Untitled


Originally published at "PRT Is A Joke" IS A JOKE v.1
Words written with wildcards (***, !!!, etc.) was the way we originally wrote
Ken Avidor, Ken, and Avidor.



Our friend *** at the "PRT is Bogus" tBlog recently posted the following, which includes a reference to Minneapolis City Councillor Dean Zimmerman (emphases):
"Green Party-endorsed candidate for Mayor of Minneapolis, Farheen Hakeem told me she had suspicions about Personal Rapid Transit. She also said she was not supporting Dean Zimmermann." Source

If true, so much for party unity. Amateurs. But oh how I wish I could have heard that conversation. Maybe it went something like this:


Administrative Assistant: Ms. Hakeem, there's a *** ****** on the phone again.
Farheen Hakeem: Not again!
AA: Do you want me to-
FH: That guy just won't let go of that Personal Rapid Transit. It's suspicious, I tell you...
AA: He can hear you.
FH: What?
AA: He isn't actually on hold. The line is open, I just thought since you were standing right here-
FH: How many times have I told you!? The hold button is your friend!
AA: I'm sorry. [Cups hand over receiver]
FH: OK, gotta think. He's gonna want to get me on the record about PRT...
AA: And Dean Zimmerman.
FH: Zimmerman! Cripes! Why is he only obsessed with Zimmerman? That's suspicious too! What about Aaron Neumann and all those other pro-PRT Greens? OK, just tell ****** I'm not Dean Zimmerman's mother. I'm not supporting him financially, am I? He's a grown man, he has his own place...
AA: Got it. Ahem. Hello, Mr. ******? Sorry about that. Ms. Hakeem wants you to know that she has suspicions, and she's not Dean Zimmerman's mother.



Interesting, don't you think, that ***'s embrace of Ms. Hakeem coincided with a clumsy attempt, by smearer or smearers unknown, at painting PRT supporters with the anti-Muslim brush (comments by person using the alias "The_PRT_Mafia").

We attach no significance to the fact that it took *** 3 days to respond to the slur in a meaningful way--or that he enabled it by titling his comments "PRT Extremists."




gPRT

No comments: