Fact-Checking the "PRT Boondoggle" Blog
A project of the PRT NewsCenter

Friday, August 19, 2005

His Tonearm is Stuck


Originally published at "PRT Is A Joke" IS A JOKE v.1
Words written with wildcards (***, !!!, etc.) was the way we originally wrote
Ken Avidor, Ken, and Avidor.



Good day PRT world! Our buddy *** is at it again, clogging up a Seattle P-I feedback forum with his usual catechism of Talking Points.

Like an "anti-PRT insurgent" (they hate us for our ondemand, nonstop service!), he is doing his best to snipe at a pro-PRT guest editorial.

Fortunately, his 'best' is the same old disinfo, LTO3. It's all there. The TPs:


"PRT is a scam"
"a PRT fanatic disrupted a workshop my wife and I were conducting"
"PRT is all about spreading disinformation about conventional transit."
"Taxi 2000/Skyweb is mired in a lawsuit against its founder"
"I written
[sic] to the editors... and asked them to assign an investigative reporter to find what exactly PRT is, who is promoting it and why. I suggest other readers... do likewise."

The links to long-since-debunked propaganda:

"Personal Rapid Transit -- Cyberspace Dream Keeps Colliding With Reality"
"The Road Less Traveled: The pros and cons of personal rapid transit." by Troy Pieper

...blah blah blah dee blah. You get the idea. *** is fond of calling PRT a "waste of time." Seems like he's the waste of time, no contest.

We're getting into it pretty good; and here he said wasn't going to talk to me anymore (Comment 3).

Erratum: 2457 visitors

Update (16:25 PDT): I thought the thread was nearing an end, but then he threw us an amusing little sinker (#381). I think I got the bat on it pretty well...


gPRT

No comments: