Fact-Checking the "PRT Boondoggle" Blog
A project of the PRT NewsCenter

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Litmus Test


Originally published at "PRT Is A Joke" IS A JOKE v.1
Words written with wildcards (***, !!!, etc.) was the way we originally wrote
Ken Avidor, Ken, and Avidor.




What appears to be ***'s first full post as a cub reporter at the LL blog is merely a retread of some of his same-old same-old talking points.

There are two added twists--new targets: David Morris, a Minnesota progressive who is part of the ILSR progressive think tank and the New Rules Project, and Air America. Why? Because you're only a real progressive if *** says you are. But Morris supports PRT. So the slip of test paper on which *** has written "Morris" turns Stalking-Horse Red instead of Liberal Blue.

It's not the first time: *** has also attacked your Editor for my support of PRT, lumping me in with Tom DeLay and his ilk. Me!--a liberal Dem, Kucinich Kid, Deaniac and leftist blogger.

Give me a break; who does *** think he is? I've been on the Left as long as I can remember--in the 3rd grade I was for McGovern, while all the thuggish schoolboy-patriots in my class were for Tricky Dick. I worked for whip-smart John B. Anderson when America was falling in love with empty-headed Reagan. Jim McDermott is my Congressman, and I want him there for the rest of time.

Why is Air America in ***'s crosshairs? Answer: Morris has a weekly segment1 on the Wendy Wilde Show, airing mornings on the Minnesota Air Am affiliate. Which must mean "Tricky ***" doesn't consider Air America truly liberal, either.2

So to sum up: you've got someone who attacks progressives and a liberal radio network. Now what do you usually call such a person? Certainly not progressive. Or liberal.

Notes
---------------
1. Tuesdays at 9:10 CT
2. Attacking Air Am appears to be a developing thread at LL.
---------------

No comments: