Fact-Checking the "PRT Boondoggle" Blog
A project of the PRT NewsCenter

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Opposites attract?


Originally published at "PRT Is A Joke" IS A JOKE v.1
Words written with wildcards (***, !!!, etc.) was the way we originally wrote
Ken Avidor, Ken, and Avidor.



***'s web pages and bloggings exhibit an ongoing fascination for Minnesota State Senator Michele Bachmann. It seems to go beyond mere political differences. Gee, I wonder how that got started?

St. Paul, MN
Present Day

Legislative Assistant: Senator Bachmann, you have a phone call.

Sen. Michele Bachmann (R-Stillwater): Take a message, I'm on my way to a snowflake baby christening.

LA: But it's you-know-who.

SMB: What, again? Tell him I can't talk right now.

LA: But he says he knows you're here.

SMB: How?

LA: Just a sec. Hello, Mr. ******? The senator wants to know how you know she's- Uh huh. Uh huh. Oh. Please hold. He says to say he's watching you, he's always watching you.

SMB: Great. OK, fine, gimme. [takes phone] Hello, ***? Where are you? Across the street... oh. Look, I don't know why you're calling. I told you, it's over between us. There's just no future for a neocon like me and a-- whatever it is you are-- like you. Mary Matalin? Trust me, you're no James Carville. I 'm sorry, that was unfair, I just felt like hurting you; I don't know why.

Yes, I saw your Michele Worship Web Page. Yes, it was lovely, very sweet, but I- let me finish. I can't be with you because of your jealousy.

Don't give me that crap, I know you've been two-timing me with that councilwoman in Rochester. Not to mention Farheen Hakeem!

Dean Zimmerman???!!! He means nothing to me! Jeez, all I did was have one conference call and a couple of committee briefings and you have to get all bent out of shape.

Greens aren't even my type! They have no power, what kind of aphrodisiac is no power? It just isn't sexy. Oh pooh-bear, you do so have power, you're an internationally reknowned- nationally reknowned- regionally- all over the- southern part of the state! Oh, stop it with your self pity!

Look, I'm hanging up. Really. No, I really have to go. No. Don't; don't cry. I can't stand it when- I'm going! Good bye!

Well. At least that's over, once and for-

LA: Senator, capitol security is on the other line. They say *** is across the street. They say... he's holding a boom box over his head. They say we can probably see him out our window.

SMB: [opens window] Is that In Your Eyes?

LA: Someone's got a boyfriend!

SMB: Shut up! I... I think I love him!



gPRT

No comments: